Old January 8th 04, 02:19 AM
Abrasha

"J. Fehrenbach" wrote:

My girlfriend bought a really unique spoon ring from a homeless man in
San Francisco that was actually made from the "bowl" portion of the
spoon to make a really wide full-digit ring. She had the ring for a
long time, absolutely loved it, and I don't think she ever left home
without putting it on.
Anyway, recently she accidentally flushed it down the toilet in a
public restroom and was in tears.
I have not been able to find anything like this ring anywhere, so I am
on a hunt to find someone who can create a "replica" of this ring. I
imagine it would be incredibly simple to make since it is very plain
and appears to have been a regular sterling silver spoon "bowl" that
was
pounded flat and then curved into a ladies size ring. I was going to
attempt to do this myself, but lack the tools and the know-how.

Does anybody know of someone who would be interested in taking on this
project? I would be happy to pay for the time and materials (as well
as any materials required). I also apologize if this is not the forum
to post this sort of request and would greatly appreciate some info on
where I might turn to ask my question.

If there is anybody interested in this project, I will be happy to
send a picture where you can sort of see the
ring on her hand. It's not a very good picture, but at least you can
kind of get an idea of how wide and thick the ring is.
Thanks in advance!

Well,

I happen to live in San Francisco, and on my way to work, I see a street artist
from time to time on Stockton Street not far from Union Square with a display of
just such rings. He may even be the man who originally made the ring for your
friend, who knows.

I am willing to ask him how we can get your friend a new ring. For me to want
to do this, I need her finger size and the money he will charge me for this ring
plus the shipping charges from me to you. Plus mutual agreeable fee for me to
handle this.

Believe me when I say, that this will end up costing you less, than for me to
figure out how to make such a ring from a silver spoon from scratch. I know I
can figure it out, but it will probably cost at least several spoons before I
get it right the first time. And that is time and materials you would have to
pay for. The street artist knows what he is doing.

And a picture as the one you describe might also be helpful.

Let me know what you want to do.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com