Old November 9th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Cochise2112

Default Curious about Jade appraisal

Hi,
I have a wonderful Jade Jar that I inherited from my father. It is
complete with lid, and has hand carved rings that are carved out of
the original body. My father was in the merchant marine for 40 years
and he picked up a lot of things from overseas like this. He also
picked up trees made of jade and pocke****ches made of silver that say
"siam" on the bodies...
This "vessel" is really the nicest thing I own... It's one solid
piece, except for the lid, and there's these rings that are free
hanging that are carved out of the side of the vessel...
Unfortunately,in this age of 10.2% unemployment, I'm looking to
findout how much I can get for things like this.
I have easy access to San Francisco and Salt Lake City, do you have
any leads on peope that can give me an HONEST appraisal of my items?

Thanks,

Pete