Old October 20th 05, 11:57 PM
MB

Default OT Is this another difference?

My sis's MIL always always use the word ought in place of zero when
mentioning the year of her birth.
.. She was born in ought one, she says , of course, meaning 1901. I
really thought that way
of saying those years would make come back when 2001 rolled around but not
enough old timers to resurrect it apparently !!!...I think your way of
saying it is
quick too....and don't know why people don't say it that way. It would
just take a few reporters,,, celebs...
whatever ....to use it a few times on TV and we'd be saying it right along
with them for sure !!
Mary

I've been using "twenty- oh-five" etc.all along, butcan't say I've
influenced many people.
Roberta in D

I'm wondering when the switch will take place with the date. We went

from
1999 which was pronounced "nineteen ninety nine" to "the year two
thousand." Now we're at "two thousand five." But I want it to become
"twenty ten" instead of "two thouand ten."

--Lia