Old January 11th 05, 04:22 AM
Katherine

Good for you, Mirjam!

Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Yesterday in the wool shop i met this nice woman i have known ,
She needed a certain circular , shoip was out of this number , i told
her she can lend one of mine if they are free of knitting . Thus she
went with me and i found a free no 6 ... as i gave it to her she asked
me to explain how to knit with it ,, i explained , and than she said
she used to knit years ago ,but forgot !!!"Ok ," i said "no problem i
will refresh your memory !!!". i show her how to knit ,,,,, she wanted
the circulars to knit a sweater ,,,as she show how neat it looked to
knit with circulars ,,,,,, as i look at her struggling with the needle
throwing the thread at one stich and doing it the other way in next ,,
i asked her how she USED to knit ,,,, she said this was how she knits
!!!
than i understood !!! and asked her if she was left handed ,,yes she
was !!!! but never learned to knit that way ,,, thus i sat down and
tried it with her ,,till i got the hang of it and than could Be with
her while she learned to do it in a way she could handle ,,, she was
Delighted , said that first time in her life it felt OK ,,,, i adviced
her to first knit some squares and only than move to the sweater ,,,,
i made her laugh by seeing how hard it wa for me to knit the left
sided way ....
mirjam