Old June 16th 04, 11:11 AM
GreenSlimer

Default Sterling Silver Ring with weird markings...

Hi,

I recently bought a sterling silver ring, which is properly stamped as
..925, and there's no other part of the ring that's not silver.. and on
the band and around the face of it that surround the stone, are
starting to develop little stains that are the color of a very light
penny.
This started happening after I washed it using Infusium-23 shampoo..
with a toothbrush (to get to the hard to reach spots..)
It doesn't look that bad and it's pretty much only noticeable if you
really look at it carefully.

The areas this is forming is indeed sterling silver and not some cheap
copper or whatever metal. Maybe this is from some of the alloys
seeping through or the polish fading off?

Still something makes no sense.

I tried taking pics with it.. but with the camera and all that I have,
it isn't showing up right at all.