Old February 9th 04, 08:40 PM
flan

Yarn Forward wrote in message .. .
flan wrote:
I recv'd an old Viking machine(from someone who knows nothing about
sewing machines) which appears to sew just fine except for the huge (3
rows of 15 settings/bs LCR Manual) red selection stitch/embroidery?
knob which will not turn and will only allow normal stitch and zig
zag.

Make sure the stitch width is set to zero before trying to change the stitch
selector.

Roger.

Thanks to everybody who responded. I guess it well could be related to
the Husqvarnas since it came out at the same time, roughly, but did
the Domestic Sewing Machine Co. ever make Vikings, or were the
Husqvarnas only made by one company called Viking? Actually, after
fiddling around with the machine for a bit, I found that the stich
selector does work (as suggested, I think it had to be set to 0 or
some such similar setting), and everything on the machine seems to
work as well. It's just that it's such a clunky, heavy, complicated
looking thing, with up/down, left, right and center settings, and
other strange settings that it's still kind of off-putting, even
though it sews well.