Old October 21st 04, 01:53 PM
LJCefali

f you feel the risk in using polyclay in the safe, prescribed manner that
the manufacturers and experts here have outlined in great detail, then
perhaps you need to consider another, safer clay to use, such as a
cornstarch based one, or one made of sawdust and salt and cornstarch.

thanks - that is why I am asking questions, and getting advise here. There
seems to be very little around other then venues like this one. That is why I
have been asking so many questions, so that I can be an informed consumer. When
the packaging offers little in the way of warning (more now then a couple years
ago - back when there was no internet to check either), this seems to be the
best place to get correct information. Much better then a sales associate at a
chain craft store, that might not really know this product.

I am not putting down the product, nor those who seem to have taken offense at
my questions.
I just feel that when there are various things being said about the safety of a
product, that it is important to find out about before investing time, money
and health.

Thanks to those who gave serious info and passed along places to check out.
ljc