Old February 26th 05, 10:48 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

Oh for crying out loud!

In article , Pogonip of Send abuse or DMCA
complaints to uttered
If you let your cats out at all, you will be dealing with contagious
disease and parasites from other cats,

Cat flu jabs and regular worming

wounds from disagreements,

Not that frequent - they learn to bite back or leg it

cats accidentally locked in people's garages, garden sheds, basements
(I had one missing for nearly 3 weeks who came home severely
dehydrated, thin as a rail,

Again, relatively rare

with intestinal parasites from the insects he'd been eating to
survive),

See above regular worming

and motor vehicles.

That one I'll concede, but cats are actually smarter than you give them
credit, particularly urban ones

Not to mention people with warped thoughts and actions who abuse and
kill small animals.

Get real

In many areas you also have coyotes and feral dogs.

Not in the UK there aren't, you muppet.

If your cat(s) are members of the family and you want them to live more
than 6 or 8 years, keep them indoors.

Sorry, but IMHO *that* is just plain *cruel*. Cats are free spirits -
they need to go where they choose, when they choose. Oh, and FYI I've
had them reach 17, in an urban environment, with no major illness or
mishaps, thanks, but totally happy and contented.

Take offence if you wish, but I'm glad I'm not your cat.

--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo