Old July 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Default Knitting done on baby blue jeans

Melinda wrote:

Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all the
details.

Woohoo!! Will a picture be forthcoming??

Not bad -- I only had to rip parts out two or three times. The rest
of the things are, uh, "design details," yeah, that's what they are --
seriously, they were easy to do workarounds for. I'm not going to
mess up a gift and have someone turn their nose up at it.

As long as it's not something so obvious Stevie Wonder would notice it
and you can work around it, it's not a problem. I once had to rip a
good portion of an afghan I was making for my aunt because I made just
that kind of mistake about halfway back; I miscounted and turned my row
(crocheting) too soon so the new area was obviously narrower on one
side. If it had only been a slightly off stitch I would have left it.

Now to take a few days off and do the beginning-of-July dishcloth
knit-along.

Yay! I was just at Michael's and discovered that they have large balls
of Sugar and Cream on sale, and I do need some more dishcloths...

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom