Old September 21st 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joanb

Default Rowenta irons - try a Philips

On Sep 21, 1:26 am, John wrote:
On Sep 20, 5:06 pm, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

Donna in Idaho wrote:
I guess the U.S. doesn't think we have sense enough to turn off an iron! I
wish they would make them so you have the choice, but I'm sure that will
never happen.

Do your instructions have the great line "Do not iron clothes on body" ?

Lizzy

Those types of disclaimers are boilerplate things that legal corporate
people have found necessary because somebody will try to do just what
they caution against and then sue the company. Just remember the guy
who spilled the cup of coffee on his lap and sued the place that sold
it to him because it was to hot and when he spilled it on himself he
burned himself. I believe I heard that something like 3/4's of the
cost of ladders is for liability insurance for the manufactures
because people use them stupidly and then file suit when something
goes south. We are litigious society.

John

It occurs to me, (not at all a handy person) that if an iron is
manufactured in Europe, maybe it has european insides, which would
make it not heat up much with only your 110 ac current. We have 220 ac
current here in UK, and if I were to plug my iron from here into your
current, it would not heat up much? If I were to plug a US iron in
here, it would overheat and blow up. Somebody is getting the specs
mixed up I think.

Joan
Coventry UK