Old September 21st 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default Rowenta irons

You might try one of those Black & Decker's John just bought. When my old
Rowenta dies I'm going to get one of those. Sounds like the new Rowentas
are bad news.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I just bought a new Rowenta (made in China) at Penneys that I'm going to
return. It doesn't get very hot & doesn't really put out much steam. I
have an old Rowenta that gets really hot, puts out a lot of steam, but
spits water. I've probably had this one for 7 or 8 years. The model # on
it starts with DM, so guess it was made in Denmark. It started spitting a
couple years ago, but I guess I'd rather deal with that than one that
doesn't get hot. I know some people don't use steam, but I really like
steam better when I'm trying to press a seam than I like spraying water
from a spray bottle that gets everything else wet besides the seam I want
to press. About a year ago, I bought one of the Oliso (or however you
spell it) irons. Returned it because it didn't get very hot either. Maybe
some day I'll find an iron I like! Until then I'll use this old Rowenta.
I like irons that get hot!!!

Donna in Idaho