Old September 20th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Default Rowenta irons

I just bought a new Rowenta (made in China) at Penneys that I'm going to
return. It doesn't get very hot & doesn't really put out much steam. I
have an old Rowenta that gets really hot, puts out a lot of steam, but spits
water. I've probably had this one for 7 or 8 years. The model # on it
starts with DM, so guess it was made in Denmark. It started spitting a
couple years ago, but I guess I'd rather deal with that than one that
doesn't get hot. I know some people don't use steam, but I really like
steam better when I'm trying to press a seam than I like spraying water from
a spray bottle that gets everything else wet besides the seam I want to
press. About a year ago, I bought one of the Oliso (or however you spell
it) irons. Returned it because it didn't get very hot either. Maybe some
day I'll find an iron I like! Until then I'll use this old Rowenta. I like
irons that get hot!!!

Donna in Idaho