Old August 30th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Default It's been a long time...

Hi, Y'alll!
I finally got into the google groups to catch up!
since last November I have been diagnosed with diabetes. The dr feels this is a complication from my Hashimoto's disease. With that, I was found to have high cholesterol, and was put on a high dose of Lipitor. after a few weeks, my whole body ached and my feet and hands were of the least use.(later I found out that muscle damage is a side effect of this med) so, I voluntarily went off the bloody medicine and since then have been doing physical therapy to regain any strength lost. it's taken this long to get any back. I am slowly mending, and am back to work, but have completely stopped hand sewing and hand quilting. it is a true painful effort to even sew a button on a shirt. I have resumed sewing by machine and am finishing up projects.(my wonderful daughter does all my rotary cutting, until I hope I can get back to a somewhat normal state.)
I hope all of you had a terrific year and accomplished much! I am hoping to check in here at least once a week from now on. I miss you girls!!
Amy in SoCal