Old December 7th 15, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Tumbler Quilt

wrote in message

Finished my Flutterby quilt and now onto the Tumbler. I did one of
these quilts many years ago, so it is an old quilt/pattern. I needed
something to use up left over pieces of this and that, along with material
in layer cakes and charm packs I didn't like, so this quilt is everything
including the kitchen sink so to speak. I really don't like sewing all these
at an angle. Some of the charm packs were long/wider than their supposed 5
inches. I have a acrylic tumbler pattern that just fits a 5 inch charm pack
with very little throw away.
You still have to trim top/bottom after these are sewn together. My quilt
will be approx. 91 inch long and as wide as I want, using the material I
have. There will be no border, just the binding. Yea, yea.
Sandy$

Sounds like this charm Tumbler quilt will be great with all the different
colors, like an old fashioned scrap quilt, like my grandmother used to make.
I have 2 of these that I helped with and learned to quilt on when I wasn't
even 12 years old. So this means they are about 58 years old!
Barbara in FL