Old September 26th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Extra! Extra!

Sounds like you are offering novelty or feature prints for
Tone-on-Tones (ToTs), small prints, marbles etc.

Wish I was closer but the postage to OZ would be prohibitive
LOL

Good Luck with your swapping!

--

Cheryl & the Cats
o o o o o o

"Laura" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Sorry Polly...
: What I mean by topical are such as prints of baseballs,
soccer balls,
: combined sports balls. Allovers of fish, eagles and
mountains. Even
: have some really cute, but not for me, juvenile things. A
map of the
: US, surrounded by the states and their capitols. A panel
with school
: buses and crayon ABC's. Some really nice Daisy Kingdom
things, tossed
: Noah's Ark animals and such. That's what I mean by
topical. Mybe it's
: better known as a focus print.
:
: I can do pictures, but I'd have to know what someone might
want to see
: before they trade, and I'd have to email to whoever asks,
as I don't
: have a web page.
:
: By traditional, I mean anything short of a huge print -
not very useful
: in the FQ I'm asking for trade - and I don't care for
really bright
: colors (Kaffe Fasset comes to mind, and I know there are
others who
: embrace such brilliant colors). Blenders, small prints,
and I do love
: marbles, florals, and who doesn't love batiks? Actually,
my yellows to
: golds shelf is a little bit bare. :-) HTH
:
: Laura
:
:
: polly esther wrote:
: Hi Laura and welcome home. Help us, please, to crawl
over the language
: barrier here. What do you mean by topical and what do
you mean by
: traditional? This group is so big that there probably
is someone who may
: be making the switch from traditional to topical. Your
definitions may be
: obvious to everyone else but I'm not sure what you're
meaning. In
: Mississippi, topical is something you rub on a bug bite.
Traditional?
: Could be anything from feed sacks to Baltimore Album.
Just hoping to help
: you with a swap - and wanted to say how nice it was to
hear from you again.
: Polly
:
: "Laura" wrote in message
:
ups.com...
: Used to be a regular here on rctq, maybe five years
ago. Participated
: in some really fun swaps, including the baseball thing
one summer.
:
: In the years between then and now, I have been through
divorce,
: retirement, selling my house, a long haul move,
another long haul move,
: and yet another long move. I am staying where I am,
right or wrong,
: because danged if I'm going through another move any
time soon!
:
: To make a long story short, I used to keep my quilting
fabrics (and
: everything else associated, that I collected) in
storage tubs. After
: the first move, I bought barrister bookcases to put it
in, then it got
: stored for quite a while. Fortunately, no damage came
from the storage
: stint. Now I am refolding all these lovelies, and
getting reacquainted
: with them. I really have an alarming number of pieces
that are too
: topical for me to put in a traditional quilt, which is
where I find my
: focus these days.
:
: I know it sounds weird, but if any of you are looking
for a bit of
: (think the pieces are all at least a yard) of topical
fabric, let me
: know. What I'm offering, if I can find something you
want or like, is
: to trade a yard I can't use for a FQ I can use.
:
: Any takers? It's a trade, not a freebie, okay?
:
: Laura, now in Montana (used to be Nebraska)
:
: