Old August 16th 05, 02:14 PM
bungadora

Thanks for the advice. Incidently the online price in Canada for the
new book is about $59.
Dora

Mavia Beaulieu wrote:
Yes, the basic instructions for stumpwork is in the 'A Collection of
Fruits, Flowers and Insects for Contemporary Raised Embroidery' book. If
you already have the second book I think I'd get the first one seperately
rather than having to handle a 400pg. book while trying to learn a new
technique! Although I did think $39.95 was a good price for the combined
book as I payed $35 each for them seperately.

Mavia

Mavia Beaulieu wrote:
Someone mentioned this book in a previous post and there was a question
whether it was a combination of her two previous books. Here is a
description of the book given in the Nordic Needle newsletter.

Mavia

This book on stumpwork is THE ultimate for this technique. "The Complete
Book of Stumpwork Embroidery, by Jane Nicholas, is a 400 page, hard-cover
masterpiece that combines the books, Stumpwork Embroidery: A Collection
of
Fruits, Flowers and Insects for Contemporary Raised Embroidery and
Stumpwork
Embroidery: Designs and Projects. This comprehensive book includes
chapters on materials and equipment, general instructions, individual
elements, field flower designs like dandelion and buttercups, oriental
poppy
and cornflowers and more. Other chapters includes designs on wild life,
roundels, pansies, fruits, flowers and insects and more. Projects are
included for a pin wheel, thimble pipkin, scissors scabbard, needlebook,
and
more. Color plates show beautiful finished designs.
1950 $39.95