Old March 2nd 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Continental Style knitting

Lisa
How do you Know ???? On Feb 28, 8:10*pm, "L"
wrote:
I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the yarn is held in the left
hand, as in crochet) is faster than 'American style' (where you hold the
yarn in your right hand and 'throw' it over the needle). I've seen the
video's.

I have been kn itting almost 60 years , i learned the method of
Throwing the thread , which my late mother and her friends called the
`French way `, while the other way , holding thread in left hand , was
called by them the `German way`. with time every method one uses
becomes faster ,,, Nothing to do with the method !!!

20 years ago i saw [in an airport] how a lady from South America
knitted with 2 colors, and she use both `methods`, every hand holding
a different color , she showed me her `method` and thus i aquired the
other method. I still preffer the throwing method , it is easy
familiar and SUITS ME !!!! ONLY when i work with more that one color i
use both methods !!!!

You should choose the method you feel easy with , not the method
others tell you about !!!!
In every method PRACTICE makes for faster and nicer knitting !!!
All the best
mirjam