Old April 4th 15, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Default Question about scroll frames

I use scroll frames a lot. I find it hard to get the fabric attatched
to the rods. I gave up on basting and started using blue painters
tape. Its easier but still not perfect. Some fabrics don't want to
stick to the tape.
As you stitch and roll the finished part onto the rods it does get
loose on the sides. There is a solution, I have clips with velcro
that go on the sides and will hold the side part of the fabric taught.
I just tried to find a link to them online with no luck.

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Danny Breidenbach
wrote:

Hi --

I generally use Q-Snaps to hold my work, and I'd had no major problems. I have a question about scrolls, though. Do the scrolls hold one's work taut enough all the way around to allow for easy stitching? That's one really nice thing about Q-Snaps: if the piece gets a little loose, one simply gives one of the snaps a partial twist. All better! From what I've seen of scrolls, it looks like the two edges perpendicular to the scroll bars might get a bit saggy or floppy. And how does one keep the scroll from loosening --- does it have some sort of clamping system to prevent unwanted unrolling?

Thanks!
--Danny