Old November 24th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Default Need your creative ideas

stash and dash!
j.

"Marcella Peek" wrote...
Ok, I am not good at thinking up clever names, but I know you all are,
so I come to you for help.

Our guild has been the recipient of too many donations for us to deal
with. The board determined that since we have all we need for charity
quilts and we just had an auction that we should have something "simple"
like a rummage sale to deal with the remainders.

We have fifty gazillion books and more boxes of cotton quilting fabric
than any person should have in her (as in my) basement.

We are thinking to sell the books by the inch. As in, stack them up and
measure the height and you pay $1 for each inch of books.

They would like to sell the fabric by the bag full. I don't know what
kind of bag yet, but we'll have the bags and people can pick and choose
the fabrics they want and pay $X for each bag.

The other idea was to bring a scale and sell the fabric by the pound.

So, I need a better name for this then Guild Rummage Sale. Maybe
something that incorporates inches and bags or pounds? Maybe not. I
dunno but something a bit more eye catching then rummage sale would be
ideal.

Any inspired ideas?

thanks
marcella