Old August 25th 14, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Rich vs. poor

Interesting thoughts Taria - and so true.

I have never been a rusher (except for show quilts when the deadline is
approaching!); but now I am slowing right down with everything. As far
as quilts are concerned, I love the designing and the piecing. If I
ever do a show quilt again, it is not going to be entered until it is
finished! A far cry from the day that I finished sewing the binding on
at 10.30am, on the day I had to leave to deliver the quilt at 11am g
..
On 25/08/2014 15:54, Taria wrote:
Really rich people seem to appreciate finer work that poor folk. You
see some
cultures that have work that is quite crude. They don't even know what
fine
work is. 'New rich' folks don't really have a clue sometimes. You don't
see this just in needlework. My dad and bro's used to work on very
high end homes
along the OC beach. There was a variety of 'class' of people with a lot of
money. Some knew and appreciated craftsmanship but many did not. Low
bid, slapdash they had no clue just wanted to look ostentatious. The
result has been
a lot of labor (much illegal here in CA) and little craftsmen left. It
is a sad thing.
I wonder about all the rushing to make quilts. If you are in such a hurry
and don't enjoy the process go buy something at Penney's. My 2c worth.
Taria

Pat on the green