Old November 17th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
T Michelle Jensen

Default Are introductions in order?

I'd list where I'd lived & been stationed over the years, but I think I'd
run out of room. By the time I was 21 I'd lived in 13 different states & 2
countries. I'm now on state #14. I've been East Coast, West Coast, Hawaii,
Gulf Coast, & Germany. The only states I've never been in is Alaska - but
my father's been there & to the North Pole (unfortunately, no Santa photos
though, although he has a great one of a Polar Bear chasing the ship!). The
hazards of growing up in the military.

--cocoa
wrote in message
ups.com...
I joined the group in October and have been posting since I discovered
this great group. I see some of you post daily and others come in when
they can. I thought it might be nice for those of us who are newer to
the group to get to know the rest of you. I saw another newbie on the
threads the other day so I don't think I am the only one wondering who
is here and such.

I will start since this was my bright idea.

Name:
Alice

I live in:
Salt Lake City, Utah

How long I have been stitching:
Well when living in Turkey I had my DM send me some needlepoint kits
since I had read every book in the library that I wanted to read. (I
was with my USArmy husband and one of the few women there.) When we
got back Stateside I tried a class in quilting but lasted until I made
a new friend who did Danish Cross Stitch. That was 26 years ago. Been
stitching ever since.

Groups I belong to:
EGA - I live in the Rocky Mountain Region
Swan Sampler Stitchers (home nest is in Salt Lake City but, members
from all over the world.)

More of possible interest:
I have done some designing for EGA and Swans as well as for myself. I
have entered items in our State Fair for about four years. The first
entry was one of my designs based on a view of the Pacific Ocean just
south of Monterey, CA and I won First place. I have entered ever since
with my lowest showing a Forth place.

Family: Great husband and two sons ages 25 and 23 and a soon to be
daughter-in-law (as of December 29).

Hope to get to know all of you.
Alice