Old May 24th 05, 05:18 PM
Brian G.

Rodney wrote:
Stay tuned,
we shall get you as many as we can find.
here is one from Norway
http://cjoint.com/data/fyaTwY8xst.htm

do you want scans of the nearly full set of scouting from Sharjah?
some show identical knots.

Rodney,

Thank you. The "Reef Knot" design from Norway is interesting. I think
the design has a medieval flavor. On the other hand, since there is no
indication of which ends of the ropes are working ends, perhaps
"Interlocked Bights" is a better description than "Reef Knot". Maybe
the design represents the knot of a particular type of netting.

I would love to see the knots and designs of scouting from Sharjah!
Thank you.

Cheers - Brian.