Old May 27th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default Ojos de Dios book

Oooh, pretty! I like this one. Thank you for sharing! )

*hugs*
Gemini

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
In message , Not Likely
writes
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote
in
message ...
willi wrote:

I hadn't even heard of the craft that you brought up initially...so
I've learned something. If I had such a book I would gladly lend it
to you. If you could find out the name of a book you are interested
in, perhaps that would help.

And you're going to send it to Malaysia?

I don't know if willi would, but if I had some extra money to buy the book
(if I knew which book), I would send it as a gift to Timothy. It doesn't
hurt to help our fellow beings when we can, and it makes me feel good
inside
when I can manage to help someone else. I do understand how some people
took his request as asking for a handout, but it is possible that he
genuinely meant to *borrow* the book and would return it when he has
learned
his craft well enough to do it without the book in front of him. I have
met
other people online who seem like they are asking, or even sometimes come
across like they are demanding something.. when in fact it comes across
that
way simply because Englsih is their second language and it is difficult
for
them to get their point across in a way that we who speak English fluently
would understand.

Yes, it is true that there are patterns for these Ojos de Dios (I wasn't
sure what that was until I went searching and discovered that it is also
known as Eye of God, which I had heard of before but never tried. I may
decide to make one of the simpler ones sometime this summer now that I
have
the pattern in front of me.), but when I went searching there are more
pictures than actual patterns for anything different from the
diamond-shaped
ones that he already knows how to do. I did see the pattern for an
eight-sided (?) one that someone else posted the url for, but that's it...
so more searching on the internet isn't going to find any more patterns on
larger scales, unfortunately.

I have also seen requests for knitting/crocheting patterns here on rcty,
that when I have gone searching google I have come up with a *lot* of
patterns for. Sometimes it isn't because the person requesting is too
lazy
to search... sometimes they just feel lost on search engines... it is a
rather big place and can become a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I just finished searching for a free pattern for a knitted/crocheted
(preferrably crocheted) Stow-Away Shopping Bag, but to no avail... and I
thought that would be a really easy pattern to find online. I am
(modestly)
pretty good at finding things on search engines, but that one has me
stumped... so I understand how trying to find something that is well
hidden
from the public is frustrating.

In any case, I do hope Timothy finds what he is looking for.

*hugs*
Gemini

Is this bag any good.

http://www.crochetme.com/reduction-tote-bag