Old January 26th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
ascus.lsil

Default Replace elastic around top of sock?

On Jan 25, 6:35*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
ascus.lsil wrote:
Does anyone know how to replace the elastic around the
top of a sock? I have a bag full of socks that don't stay
up any more but are perfectly fine.
Thanks.

JOhn

If they are white or black, you can use a hand sewing needle
and hand weave several rows of this (or similar elastic
thread) around the tops:http://www.createforless.com/Rhode+I...d+Package/plid...

You'll have to secure the start and stop points, and may
find that uncomfortable, but it's about the only way I know
to re-elasticize sox tops.

Thank you!
I will try that since I have darning needles that should work just
right, and I especially like the "Rhode Island" in the item name,
since I used to live there.

John