Old January 31st 12, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

Default one of those questions - how do you store

On 2012-01-31, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Parts cabinets from the hardware store. The ones I buy, the drawers are
long enough to hold a skein of floss flat.

Since I have a mix of brands, I store mine by color. A friend who
stitches exclusively with DMC stores by number.

Kreinik spools are stored upright, roughly sorted by color (reds,
greens, not specific number) in a wooden 3-drawer stationery cabinet
from IKEA. Well, they *were*. When Needle Delights went out of
business, I bought out her whole stock of Kreiniks and those are in
scrapbooker's cases from Michaels because there are so many of them.

I have been using them (you know I love to add sparklies wherever and
whenever), so eventually I will get the quantity down to fit back in the
IKEA cabinet. I need to find something the right size for the Rainbow
Gallery cards that Kathy threw in with the Kreiniks.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

I have the same system as Karen. I use the the tool boxes used for
storing small parts. Mine are very similar to
http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-1016..._bxgy_hi_img_c
I have skeins, beeds, etc stored in them. Easy to see what's in the
drawers and I have stickers on the drawers saying what floss number is
stored in them.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John