Old July 11th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
aspidistra

Default variegated eyelash yarn

I let the scarves sit for 2 days, discussed it with my daughter and she said
I was too picky, that she would love anything. So, I decided to make both
the ones I started, the stripes and the clumps of colour, and just unravel
the double knitted one I started, as I need those balls to finish these two.
And I'll have to buy 2 more to make matching hats.

After letting time pass and looking at them from time to time, I noticed in
better light that there is a cappucino and a pale blue colour as well as the
chocolate brown and periwinkle. There is no white.

When I think of these pretty shades, the scarf seems somehow nicer. I know
chocolate brown is popular with young people, though it was never a big
favourite of mine. So, it's all in the eye of the beholder. In some ways
it's like some luscious dessert. And as I knitted and the repeating pattern
became apparent, the delicate cappucino and the blues became more evident
and the brown was like an accent.

In fact it would make a lovely afghan but I'm already doing an afghan in
shades of blues and beige to match my daughter's sofa, in chunky boucle.

Well, I have to find a hat pattern for eyelash yarn, or design or adapt my
own, based on the two hats that my daughter has that fit her. She wants a
hat to match each scarf. Trouble is, one of her old hats is knitted flat and
sewn up the seam, with huge yarn and cables; and the other is crocheted with
no brim. I don't have a clue where to begin, unless I start knitting,
measure, knit to fit her head, and decrease. But I haven't made a hat since
1982 and I do not remember how! So far I can't find any eyelash hat pattern;
just a tam which maybe I will try (beret).

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 10, 7:44 am, "aspidistra" wrote:
Thank you all for the great ideas! I am going to come to a decision soon.

snip

Well, you are going to be one busy little knitter, aren't you? g
Good luck with all your plans!

Higs,
Katherine