Old July 10th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default variegated eyelash yarn

On Jul 9, 5:44 pm, "aspidistra" wrote:
I have not posted here before but have been reading it for a while, since I
started knitting again for the first time in many years. I have made some
scarves with the variegated Bernat eyelash yarn, and they are beautiful. But
the fourth one, which I started today, looks terrible no matter how I do it!
I wondered if anyone has any ideas.

With the other scarves, the colours pooled in attractive V-patterns at the
edges. This one went into stripes and the brownish grey colour ruins the
pale blue and white. So I tried a second time, with a different number of
stitches, and bigger needles, starting in the middle of a colour. The
colours pooled, but they still look unattractive when knitted. (By the way,
the shade is called "Eyeshadow".) Then I tried a third time. I used two
strands, making sure they are at non-matching places, and larger needles.
The colours are now blended, like a salt and pepper hue, but it still is not
attractive. Plus, using the two strands makes it thicker so it will probably
be too hot for anyone to wear.

Thus I have to choose the stripes, the pools or the heavy thick doubled
knitted one with the salt and pepper look.

I wondered what others would do with this yarn. Buy more and make an afghan?
Give it away? Add in a solid colour as the second strand to soften it? I'm
actually sorry I bought this shade now! But I am determined to make
something with it.

What about adding a solid, furry yarn to it?

Higs,
Katherine