Old November 23rd 03, 01:16 AM
dogmom

Yes, I know what you mean. Yes, I've done it. No, I can't really tell you
how, because I"m just awful at describing things! But heck, I'll try!
Whatever you do, do a sample first! Let's see.You've got the right sides of
your stocking together to sew. I lined the cuff; turned it, (it didn't go
all around--just wide enough for the front) then layered it, with its wrong
side against the right side of the front of the stocking (oh dear...murk,
murk) and sewed all 3 layers together. Made the top of it and the stocking
long enough so I could just turn it all down an inch, or a half. Then I made
lining out of light-weight white cloth; put the lining in the stocking,
turned its top edge down less so it covered the raw edges of the stocking
and cuff and topstitched it.Clear as mud? I was afraid of that...

There are patterns which can tell you how to do this--probably even some
online. Good luck!

Dogmom
"clancy" wrote in message
I'm planning on making a couple of stockings to hang on the mantle - I'm
making them out of flannelette and they're the longish country type. The
main fabric is burgundy and the cuff is a plaid with a mixture of colours
including burgundy. Can someone tell me how to make the cuff - I don't

want
it just as part of the stocking (if you know what I mean) - I want it to
flop over to the right side of the stocking. Could I say that any

screwier
than I just did? :-) Would appreciate anyone's help before I cut. :-O

Sharon (N.B.)