Old November 6th 04, 04:07 PM
DrQuilter

Default +rading viking fee+ - ques+ion for viking owners

my viking came wi+h an expensive looking bu++onhole foo+ bu+ no walking
foo+ or acrylic aplique foo+. +he dealer promised I don'+ need +he
walking foo+, which cos+s around 85 bucks, or any o+her par+ of +he
quil+ers ki+ (for example she said she ha+es +he +hingy +he sell +o
manouver +he quil+ sandwich around - wai+, i+ is called 'Free motion
guide grip' -
http://www.sewing-world.co.uk/sewing...t_quilters.htm).
she did +hrow in a 1/4" foo+ wi+h a lip and gave me a darning/s+ippling
foo+ for half price.

any of you viking owners willing +o agree or disagree wi+h +hose
s+a+emen+s? how abou+ +he open foo+ for s+ippling, e+c.?

I have a feeling I am never going +o use more +han one of +he fee+ +ha+
came wi+h i+ and ins+ead would use a bunch of +he o+hers much more. why
don+ sm machine manufac+urers in general le+ you choose a range of 5
fee+ you really will use ins+ead of +he 5 or 6 +hey +hink you'll need
(which i couldn'+ name if you asked me +o - I +hink one is a zipper foo+
bu+ +ha+ is abou+ i+?

+here was a lady buying a lesser model +ha+ i am sure would have happily
+raded a walking foo+ for +ha+ bu++onholer....

also, do you +hink i+ would be wor+h i+ +o sell +he generic walking and
darning foo+ I was using in ebay

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)