Old June 21st 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
William Black

Default Ebay Diamonds

"papa smurf" wrote in message
Hello All,

I am in the market for loose diamonds. I have been to several stores
in my area, but recently decided to look at how diamonds are selling
on E-Bay. From what auctions I have found, diamonds sell considerably
less on E-Bay. I am interested in purchasing diamonds on E-Bay;
however, my dilemma is the following:
1. I feel uncomfortable making such an expensive purchase over a wire
without seeing my product first.
2. I worry that I=92m getting scammed.
3. I wonder if I truly am getting the best deal.
4. I=92m not sure what probing questions to ask for my protection.
Can anyone offer good suggestions as to how I can protect myself while
making such a large purchase? I would also love to hear from folks
who have actually purchased diamonds on e-bay. I appreciate your
advice and time!

Diamonds without a certificate of origin these days may be 'blood diamonds'.

Pass them through an international border (by post or in your pocket) you
stand a chance of getting them impounded.

These days the diamond investment market is plunging like a stone. It's an
artificial market that has a very limited lifetime now that everyone has
realised that it's a cartel cheating them.

Buy rubies, you can't fake them or manufacture them.

--
William Black

Time for tea.