Old November 15th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Washing Corduroy

Good thinking!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Debra" wrote in message
: On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:47:47 +1100, "CATS"
wrote:
:
: Actually Blue/tan and pink/lavender sound really good.
:
: Some scrappy bits of brown and navy could go with both
and
: add some variation.
:
: Well the main blue is often referred to as Yale blue, then
I have some
: turquoise to add as a zinger. So mostly a dark blue and
tan quilt
: with bits of bright turquoise through out. I might also
work in some
: light denim-y colored cord.
:
: Since so many people replied to my earlier thread about
corduroy
: quilts being heavy and warm without batting, I've decided
to just use
: muslin as a foundation. It will be pieced in large strips
onto the
: muslin, then a binding added. Like one giant strip pieced
block. I
: won't have to tie or quilt it since the sewing will hold
the two
: layers together.
: Debra in VA
: See my quilts at