Old November 14th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default Washing Corduroy

I'm out of work sick and using the times when I feel the best to wash
and dry that fabric I got from my aunt. I started with the cord
because that had the biggest pieces and I'm fairly sure what I want to
do with it. I must admit that I've never seen so much fuzz in my
life. I know it's just the nature of this fabric, but I may have to
vacuum this stuff before sewing. It is a good thing I'm washing it
though. I thought I had two different shades of pink, but after
washing I found out it was four shades. I thought I had three
different blues, but I have two blues and a lavender. I've also got
one printed cord with a blue background to add to the mix.

I'm going to have to rootle in my stash a little. I seem to remember
a bit of paisley print corduroy and wonder if that would work with the
other fabrics.

(sounds of footsteps dwindling away, nothing for several minutes, then
footsteps returning)

Well, I've had a quick rootle and didn't find the printed cord but I
did find a whopping big piece in tan. I checked to see if it would
work, and it goes perfectly with the blues and pinks. There may be
enough to just use blues and tan for a quilt for DH, leaving me with
pink and lavender. Not sure I'll like a pink and lavender quilt
'cause it sounds so Barbie colored, but DH does not want pink for
himself. At any rate, Mom is coming over later with some muslin and
we will ponder the quilt possibilities together.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at