Old October 9th 03, 04:24 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oooooh, prom!! A **tiara**??? LOL - No one wore those at my prom. Uh, in
1990. LOL Anyway.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

This evening, DD came to me to "feel me out" about a budget for her prom.
She has a lovely mental pictu a long satin gown that matches her blue
eyes, a Swarovski tiara and all the fixin's.

Of course we're going to let her look like a princess, but some of her

dreams
are going to get a parental veto: the strapless dress, the limosine,
anything tarty. Howver, she is going to be chauffered in Beulah the 1955
Buick.

So, anyone here with tiara making skills that wants to be my mentor? DD

has
already decided on an ice blue satin gown with princess seams, a slightly
full skirt, a silver chain accented with Swarovskis, with a Swarovski

crystal
heart pendant just over the cleavage. (Oh my God! My baby has cleavage!)

We have a long time to prepa the prom isn't until May. But I wanted

share this fun mothering moment with all of you. I must have totally

blocked
this one - because I didn't even anticipate it at all.

Give me your suggestions, horror stories, advice, whatever. Remember that
this is a girl who would be an albino if she were any paler, platinum

blonde
hair, blue eyes, and all of fourteen at the time of the dance. She's

being
escorted by "one of the Matts," the four boys all named Matthew, with whom
she hangs around. Apparently, he is a stunt escort, there only for the
pictures.

How did she sneak this one up on me? My baby is still supposed to like

"My
Little Pony" and all that jazz.

Kathy N-V