Old October 9th 03, 02:05 PM
Karen_AZ

Well, Kathy, she's being *reasonably* practical, at least! G

You'll both do fine. And take heart, I just survived DD's Homecoming dance.
Most of the prep was pretty fun, except for the trying on dresses part. That
was funny in the long run, but not at the time. We walked into her store of
choice (Torrid) and she found every dress that was marginally suitable for
her. My eye landed on one particular dress, displayed high on a wall, and
she of course said "no way" about 10 times. The salesgirl and I finally
convinced her to try it on anyway, and it looked terrific on her. Whaddya
know, Mom was right! (Don't worry, I'm not letting it go to my head. G)

It got better. I have one of those punch cards for the store (well used) so
we got a discount on the dress. I took her to the Body Shop for some good
makeup and the salesgirl there even made her up for demonstration of how to
use everything. And ta-da! She doesn't break out from their stuff. (We both
have godawful sensitive skin.) She found perfect shoes at Payless for $6!!!
She's tall and doesn't like wearing heels because then she sees over the
boys' heads. LOL I had her hair done the day of the dance, and gave her one
of my antique "coal jewelry" necklaces to wear, which went perfectly. About
the only thing goofy with her was her braces....with black and orange bands
for Halloween. rolling eyes

I don't usually post pics of my kiddos, but I will just this once. I can't
believe this is my baby!!!

http://members.cox.net/desertdreamer...omecoming1.jpg

--
KarenK