Old February 1st 04, 08:12 PM
Brooke

Kate Dicey wrote in message ...
Brooke wrote:

Hello Sally
Thanks for your sound advice. My husband is a real haggler, er
negotiator, he always manages to get lots of freebies when we purchase
anything.
:-D

In this case I didn't haggle, I have just purchased a Janome 6500 and
everything that I will be needing came with it. After doing some
research I found that this particular machine has a lot more features
than others in the same price range and yes, it includes walking foot
and all the feet I will be needing, extra bobbins, needles, 12 hours
of free lessons and I'm so pleased with what the machine was able to
do in the demonstration that I never bothered to bargain.

Altho' I have brought the machine home, I haven't taken it out of the
box yet because I have a few other things to do at the moment and I
know for sure that as soon as I unwrap the machine I would have to
spend hours playing with it and discovering just what it is capable
of. I have a lot of little projects in mind, including a little
patchwork nursery quilt kit with teddy bears, and am really looking
forward to getting started on it.
Ooh I can't wait !!!!!

Regards
Brooke

Glad you found something you like using and will offer hours of harmless
fun! ;D If you want to quilt, come over to
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting and join the fun there too!

I know what you mean about the machine and playing - DH had to cook 3
days in a row when I got mine!

Thank you Kate,
I have been looking at the patchwork newsgroups and what a wonderful
on line resource, together with alt.sewing. I am really pleased to
have found these newsgroups.

I have been rather busy to comment on the posts on these newsgroups
but I have been reading them and some of the website that are referred
to, they are wonderful.

I will report back at some stage about how my new machine is going.

Thanks again
Brooke