Old July 18th 14, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:48:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I recently had the pleasure of viewing the Bayeux tapestry....and a little voice said, "You can duplicate that horse or boat....".

Makes one feel a bit lacking doesn't it ? Nice to see it though.

It got me thinking about the logistics of executing such a grand thing. I wondered who organized the project, how many women stitched, how many hours it took, if there was one master plan on paper, where they worked etc. I got as close as I could, but could see no seams or joinings. The audio thingie could not be paused, so the explanation got way ahead of me. Another woman behind me and I, using our old high school Latin (un)knowledge, managed to translate what was happening. I later on bought the guide book, but inadvertently picked up one in Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Danish!! Out came the old Spanish grammar and dictionary, and I wrote in the translation as best I could.