Old August 5th 03, 06:03 PM
Marilyn

Congratulations, Trish. That's good news. I've been watching your
bodice saga with great interest. I wish we could see the final product.
Any plans to post it on a website? It sounds like the perfect dress.
I would dearly love to do something fancy for the girls but between
hand-me-downs (barely worn) and my mother-in-law's gifts, they seem to
have more posh frocks than they will wear. I'm stuck making leggings
and school clothes.
I do have plans and fabric to recreate one of my daughter's favorite
dresses. It was just a little sleeveless princess dress in a rayon
flower print. It had a swishy skirt that tickled her (then) 5-year-old
soul. She mourned when she grew out of that dress. I have a light blue
rayon floral print that will match her eyes (the blue, not the floral
part) ;-) and a dress pattern with similar lines. I just need to make
it. I think for next summer as this one is waning quickly.
Time to sew, I think.
Marilyn in Minnesota

Trish Brown wrote:

Latest bulletin:

Today, we drafted a new bodice and *it fits* the DD!
It fits!!!! Hooray! So, we went ahead and cut out the Holy Satin Fabric and it's
ready to be stitched up tomorrow. Or as soon as I've recovered sufficiently to
start doing so. I nearly had the vapours today, considering the uncharted
territory we were sailing...