Old August 5th 03, 01:50 PM
Trish Brown

Latest bulletin:

Today, we drafted a new bodice and *it fits* the DD!

What we did was to slash the original pattern from the waist seam up to a point
just short of the armscye (to avoid having to re-shape the sleeve) and swung the
*inside* segment out by about a centimetre (to avoid having to reshape the side
seams). Traced the outline and cut out of calico. Didn't alter the back yoke,
since DD's back yoke is a standard size 10.

Then, we found a nice little cap sleeve pattern in a size 6 among PDC's stuff. I
spent a frenzied few minutes extrapolating that to a size 10 and we guessed it
would fit our original armscye. It did! So, we cut out the sleeve as well and
made our mock-up yoke.

It fits!!!! Hooray! So, we went ahead and cut out the Holy Satin Fabric and it's
ready to be stitched up tomorrow. Or as soon as I've recovered sufficiently to
start doing so. I nearly had the vapours today, considering the uncharted
territory we were sailing...

We took a short break and shot down to the local Purveyor of Fabrique to buy
some white pearl piping. We looked at satin ribbons and ribbon roses and silver
gauze ribbons and said '?' to ourselves. But we decided that understatedly plain
is The Go and so it'll be Just Pearl Piping and That's That. We had my homemade
minestrone for lunch and laughed all afternoon, we were so pleased with
ourselves.

Anyway things are looking up. Moral support from the group has been *so* good!
Thanks again everyone!

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia