Old October 17th 04, 12:20 PM
Polly Esther

Hello, Kathy, and welcome. Your auction finds sound like great fun. While
you're waiting for an answer from a "great" quilter, I can at least get you
started.
First you will want to know how these napkins respond to laundry. Wash
and dry a few of them and see how they feel about it. If they turn out
wrinkled, scratchy and expecting a big production of starching and ironing,
that's one thing. They may feel soft and strong. DH's grandmother made
quilts for our children from linen scraps. They were loved just to pieces
and wonderful. Polly

Kathy wrote Hi, I've been lurking for quite a while but I now have a
question for
all of you great quilters out there. Today at an auction I bought a
box full of linen napkins, at least 50 of the things, about 6 or so of
each color/design. I'd like to do something quilty with them and
wondered if anyone has used linen for blocks??? Or do you have any
other sugestion for using these???? I got them for $1. I also bought
two boxes of quilt supplies with numerous pattern books and fabric and
swatches in them, each for $2. I think I did quite well, although I
definitely don't need to add to my stash, heehee. Thanks for any help
on the napkins. Kathy