Old July 28th 05, 01:45 PM

Arrggg!!
The largest metal wing nuts are too small, and a regular nut threads
are too fine for the wooden threaded shaft of the frame. A 3/4" nut
will fit, but it won't screw down the threads because they don't match.

Unless I can find a hardware store or source that carries obscure
sizes;
I bought my frame set over 20 years ago- it's all oak-
no metal parts at all.
Alas and Alack! sigh 8(
MM

Just to clarify, you are talking about the knob that screws onto the
threaded metal rod that holds the scroll frame to the vertical part of
the floor stand, correct?

Couple of options still available. IIRC, there are two knobs on the
bottom of the stand holding the the legs to the stand. These are the
same thread as the threaded metal rod (can you tell I wore one down
enough to be annoying on the upper part of the stand?). Course, that
leaves you one legged, but you could find some other way to attach the
leg back as it's not something you need to adjust all the time like the
upper connection.

Could the threads be metric (I find that hard to fathom since Bill's
Frames was in the US)?

Tara