Old January 24th 05, 05:42 PM
Jan1228

Hi Theresa -

I have a cheap alternative for you. All you need is a
package of plain 3x5 index cards and a hand held hold punch.
Punch a line of holes down the side of the index card, label it with the
floss number and the stitch symbol. Loop the floss threads through
and you're all set for those other sections.

Hope That Helps,
--
Jan - WebMistress of:
'A Stitch In Thyme'- http://www.alpinemeadow.com/stitchery/index.html

"Telnes" wrote in message ...
Hello, My name is Theresa. I've been lurking for 6 weeks or so. Thought I'd
drop a line and get some tips at the same time.

I'm new to cross stitching. Years ago, I did quite a little bit of stamped
linen surface embroidery. I found a set of pillowcases that had been hanging
around for a while and decided to finish them. That was the initial steps to
what now seems almost like an obsession.

I'm trying to pace myself. I started with some bookmarks, on to finger towels,
and now I'm right in the middle of Donna Kooler's "Celebrate" sampler. I have
really high expectations and I've been collecting Paula Vaughan and Teresa
Wentzler!

My question is this - While you are working a piece what do you with partial
strands. I've been using the single strand doubled and through the loop to
start a color.. It has made a big difference in the neatness of the back. But
right now, I have a wad of strands. i.e. 2 strands left on the length of
white, 4 strands left on the yellow, 1 strand of red,light gray, dark gray,
light medium and dark blue, etc, I don't want to toss them because the colors
are used again in another section of the sampler. There has to be a better way.
Any tips?