Old September 16th 03, 04:40 PM
PhatSheep

"David Toft" wrote in message
Turn the carriage over, in the middle there is a little flippy lever,
about half an inch each side of this are 2 more flippy levers that
should be spring loaded, the spring has come off one or both of these.
Look closely and you will see the loop on the end of the spring which
should be over the pin on the underside of the lever. You can hook it
back with a latchless needle.
Let me know if this doesn't work.
--
David Toft

Thanks for the help
I tried looking at the carriage but both the levers have the springs
attached!
It mostly happens when I am knitting skip stitch.
I have tried just about everything I can think of short of taking the
machine to bits, which I dont think I should do as I am certain I would
never get it back together again!
Any more ideas very welcome!

Suzanne Shearer

Are you using a suitable pattern, the punchcard should have lots of
holes in it.
Are you using some weights
Are you using the right tension
Is the sponge bar any good
--
David Toft

Yes to all of the above!
Can you see why I am a bit frustrated with it!

Suzanne Shearer