Old April 8th 13, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
David Scheidt

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machine hold thread cone?

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
:On 05/09/2012 02:03, Gen wrote:
: I'm not so sure she meant can't use in the physical sense. The serger
: thread is so much more lintier, it will cause problems with lint buildup
: if you're not careful to clean the bobbin area OFTEN. It can be used for
: machine sewing, but is not recommended.

:Not so sure about this. I use a good quality serger/overlocker thread
:and have no problem. I've had more lint of Gutterman poly thread than
ff my Empress Mills 120's poly. Gutterman SERGER thread is excellent,
:mind.

Assuming your talking about spun poly thread, and not something like
'wooly nylon', serger thread is just thread. Small diameter thread, of
course, but still, just thread. It works just fine in most machines
(apparently some can't tension small threads well, but I suspect
that's user error.).

--
sig 12