Old September 20th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Matthew Lybanon

Default Write names on glass

in article , Joe at wrote on
9/20/07 8:01 AM:

murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Well, in addition to the somewhat snarky answers, I seem to recall a
metal tipped pen that left a nice deposit on the glass. Was the tip
titanium? It's been 19 years since I saw one (at Penland - no pun
intended!). Glassblowers used it to sign their work. So, what is it
called, and where can I - & the OP - get one?

Thanks,
Joe

Back in the good old days (we're talking ancient history here) when I took
mechanical drawing in college, a pen called Rapidograph was popular. It had
a stainless steel nib, and was something like the pen you describe.