Old August 11th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
jdfanning

Default How can they DO that!

I think they make those big pots from a mold.
Sandi

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
There's a small mall near me (in Ann Arbor, Michigan) that has a store
catering to the local Chinese population. Last week dozens of giant
pots (4 feet tall or more) appeared in the hallway outside the store.
I looked at the prices on some of the pieces that appealed to me, such
as a chest-high urn covered with spectacular crystal growth (1 inch or
bigger) for US$600. Wow, I thought, that would be pretty hard for a
US potter to compete with.

Yesterday I went by the same display, and there was a big "90% OFF"
sign. So that big crystal-covered urn would be... only 60 dollars! I
can't believe that even covers the shipping, all the way from China!

How can they DO that! ???

(No, I didn't buy it... no room!)

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v4.00
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
FREE Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!