Old September 27th 04, 09:40 PM
Karen Maslowski

snip for what it's worth, I do really intend to find a
scrap of Polartec in my stash sometime and burn it to see what
happens. I'll post about it after I get around to it.

Tom Farrell
http://www.SewingWithTom.com/

Tom, I just did this with a piece of what I know for a fact is Polartec
100. It does burn, and it does indeed melt (made a mess on my patio,
too). For what it's worth, it did not catch fire quite as easily as
other, non-Malden products, but it did catch fire, and when it caught it
burned in just the same way as the other stuff, melting into a thick
black syrup.

FYI,
Karen in Ohio