Old November 7th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kirsten Watson

Default Anyone working on anything?

In article ,
Olwyn.Mary wrote:
I am mostly busy sewing, making some fall and winter clothes, but the
asthma has subsided enough that I now feel I can knit while watching the
tv news. Nothing complicated, mind you, just something to keep the
fingers busy. So, I pulled out an old pattern - from the 1960s I think,
I bought it at a yard sale - for knitted slippers in two colors. Found
some leftover yarn, made a swatch, and, if all goes well, some people
will be getting knitted slippers for Christmas.

Ooh, that sounds lovely.

I'm currently knitting socks for myself, and trying to find a nice
scarf pattern for my father-in-law's girlfriend. You see, several years
ago I made everyone scarves for Christmas, but that was before my
mother-in-law died, so Eileen didn't get one. I know she'd appreciate
one - she crochets and sews, and can knit but doesn't much, so I really
want to find the right pattern. I have some cotton chenille that would
be perfect, I was thinking maybe a cable pattern. I need to get started
soon, though, or it will never be done in time.

Kirsten