Old May 15th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What to write on a quilt label

I'm looking at the label on one of mine as I type:

Quilt Name for Recipient's Name
with love from Whatever the recipient calls me [Mumma Graham, Grandma,
Auntie Kim, Kim, Mrs. Graham, etc. etc.]

Machine Pieced and Machine Quilted by Kimberley Graham
Nanaimo BC, Canada -- Date completed
Design source: Name of book or pattern or website
or [more often when it's not one of my patterns]
Design adapted from: name of book pattern or website or
Original Design.
I usually add a scripture citation or brief quote.

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

"Betsy Ross" wrote in message
. com...
Names, places, dates are givens. But how do you identify the
contributions of those who worked on a quilt? A person designs an
original quilt, pieces or appliqués it, sends it to a longarmer, and then
binds and labels the quilt. "Quilted by" is an accurate description for
the longarmer, but how do you title the designer/sewer?

Interested to hear how others solve this problem.

--
Susan
aka Betsy Ross