Old May 15th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What to write on a quilt label

On Sun, 14 May 2006 17:57:12 GMT, "Betsy Ross"
wrote:

Names, places, dates are givens. But how do you identify the
contributions of those who worked on a quilt? A person designs an
original quilt, pieces or appliqu?s it, sends it to a longarmer, and
then binds and labels the quilt. "Quilted by" is an accurate
description for the longarmer, but how do you title the designer/sewer?

Interested to hear how others solve this problem.

I've made two quilt labels and both acknowledged the maker of the top
and a different quilter. I have blocks from a swap to piece together
and plan to list the swap on the label.

I am in a quandary on how to make a label for a quilt made using a top
bought at a yard sale as I am unsure about the maker's name even
though I know the name of the lady having the yard sale. She may or
may not have made the top herself.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at