Old April 10th 04, 06:09 PM
Peggy

It seems I can't even breathe in these newsgroups without someone adding
their 2 cents about what I should and shouldn't be doing. I was told that
it was UNACCEPTABLE to cross post!!! Not only that, but as a regular poster
in these groups I thought it would be acceptable some time ago to post that
I was listing an interesting series of sewing books for sale. I was told
this was acceptable protocol in "alt" newsgroups. Not only did I receive a
bunch of rude e-mails from people who didn't appreciate my posting, but I
was also reported to BOTH eBay and Sympatico, by two different busybodies.
Despite this, the person who started one of these newsgroups e-mailed me to
say that my original posting WAS acceptable, especially since it was on
topic.

I would like to know how the people who continually post "See Christina
Aguilera Naked" are still around without hassle and a regular poster who
made ONE simple sewing book sale posting was harrassed from every direction.
I think all of you Newsgroup Police need to get a life!

"Ann Knight" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:47:44 UTC, "Peggy"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy flannel fabric

Just an FYI to say it's perfectly ok--in fact, it's preferrable--to
crosspost between alt.sewing and r.c.t.sewing. That way those of us
who read both groups need only see your article once. Thanks.